Synware: Free Software Syndicates

I want to revisit SFYW in the light of our upcoming collection with petites singularités publishing… I’d like to build upon the work on software syndicalism we made with @spacekookie and @natacha as well as other things…

Here is a number of texts that could be part of the upcoming book:

I wish to call back involved people, and share the call more widely to integrate more voices. This would be our first book in English since SFYW.

2 Likes

My first words here… hola / hi / slts.
if possible… How can i get a ‘Synware’ (printed ) copy / book ?
i would love to contribute to the Spanish translation of (and Catalan, afterwards ?). Umh… does it makes sense ?

thX!

1 Like

I will order a new print run for the book, then we can distribute more. In the meantime I can pass you the PDF version. But honestly I wanted to make this happen later (about at OFFDEM) because I have so many other things I must take care of before. So please be patient!

WRT a translation, it would be awesome, and you can do it on your own terms since this is LAL-1.3 like most of what we make. I’ll be happy to assist.

Hablando de la publicación, … en papel ?

Hector, de http://www.laneurosis.net/
… me viene a la cabeza.

Queréis que hable con ellos y explorar posibilidades ?

Colab.Writing gathering ? / Encuentro de escritura colab. ? ( ~ SynWare ~ ? )

Fecha tentativa/ date : Junio / June 2024 ?
- CTJ @ Ciria (Soria | ES ) - al pie del Moncayo (montaña / ambiente rural )
?

• sintonia con Hugo conf. or alike ?
1 Like

Hi, I’m an organizer in Tech Workers Coalition Bologna. We are preparing a group reading and discussion of Synware for an event with FSFE on the 14th of February.

I can happily disclose more details on us and on the event but would you be willing to share a digital copy of Synware, also in private, maybe of a draft if you prefer, to allow us to prepare the event before OFFDEM?

Thank you :slight_smile:

Hi @paul Welcome,

This is great news, thank you so much for informing us, and please keep us updated we would be glad to hear about the outcomes of this process and all comments, ideas, critics, question and more.
We can make a dedicated space for this.

In the meantime you will find the pdf version of the text on https://synware.zoethical.org as of feb 1st

1 Like

Welcome @paul! I’m very curious about this event in Bologna.

Will you be at OFFDEM? We’ll have plenty of copies of the printed book there.

I’ll put up the file shortly…

1 Like

Hello @natacha and @how , thank you for your quick and nice answers :slight_smile: This is the first time we organize something like this in Bologna, we made something similar in 2022 online (apologies link in Italian, Il free software è morto? - Gruppo di Studio sulle licenze software - Mobilizon ).

The idea would be to ask participants to read the book (or also a subset, this is based on how much effort you plan attendants to go through), and then discuss it toghether on the I Love Free Software Day which we are hosting with FSFE.

I hope that people from Bologna’s underground hacking scene, mainstream making/fablab scene, labor unions, people from academia will join. We will certainly invite them :slight_smile:

We are still discussing whether we should ask to read the whole book or some subset. I know it’s not fair to cut out content but we strive to make these event as low requirement as possible so usually if we can we do suggest some core material and additional material. Do you have any suggestion about how to do this kind of distinction?

Thanks again and do keep up with you cool work

1 Like

Your topic “Il free software è morto?” sounds like an ongoing discussion that is taking part within the O₄FFDEM Theme: Fediversity - OFFDEM work axis for the upcoming OFFDEM.

We published the event :slight_smile: I’ll let you know how it’ll go. In the end I realized that reading the whole book shouldn’t be too much effort so we didn’t end up dividing it. Thank you for your support!

1 Like

Cool, I will boost it thank you.

I have put up the files on https://synware.zoethical.org

Added to OFFDEM calendar

1 Like

“Caminante no hay camino,
se hace camino al andar[…]”
.- Antonio Machado 's poem

Hola, I’m step by step starting the EN to ES translation…
Umh…Est-ce qu’on peut avoir le livre en fichiers plus… txt ou markdown ?

BTW : what does the '(sinwɛːʁ)' symbology stands for ? ... just curious