______ Conflict
   /
Paradox -- Fragility
   \______ Care
  • Social networking and suffering
  • non-binary
  • Contemporary feminism
  • Adhocracy

(Maybe someone can upload a photo instead?)

Reconnecting after a few days of rest :slight_smile:

I wanted to go back to @agate idea of doing a zine to spread, i’ve been using lots of zines lately and I’ve always found them to be the most friendly, useful and easy way to organize and spread. We can have net templates.

Where shall we start ? Maybe having a global thread to make sure we have all the systems and the themes aligned ? Or do we want to spend more time discussing the ideas and expanding our views ?

I like this idea a lot. I always wanted to use Discourse for collective writing. N order to do that optimally, we should all be staff. Therefore I could set up a new Discourse instance with single sign-on with this one so we can share drafts, organize categories as as many chapters or issues and so on.

2 Likes

hey @lateralus23 can you explain where this comes from what was it made for and by whom

@tierce same question.

How do both of you think we could use this type of templates. Both templates show a view that progresses in a linear way makes me wonder on which examples this is based. I find them interesting although overwhelmingly difficult to read and a little like a god’s view on things.

as @natacha was mentioning, we need to clarify some concepts.

Common Time (ie Shared time) : basically the moment the collective is physically gathered, in a given time-frame, in a given space. Use of this time should be optimized as ways to engage with the group, from an individual perspective. Consent, Respect and Responsability could the 3 key objectives to develope, as a back and forth between individual and collective. Pressure and injonctions of any form should be avoided at all costs. Organization around a common schedule is good - cooking, workshoping, dancing :slight_smile:

Clean the yard sale - Basically, engaging with the documentation and the traces. This is a tough one. Common Time should be spent acting on the Core, in a yard sale way : ideas and core concepts being defined, refined through a discussion between what the big view (the non negociable parameters) and the smaller one (the annex, the leftovers and the potentialities), to engage permanent and daily reformating and engaging new comers to participate actively. Yard sale should be daily practice, dynamic testimony of the collective integrity.

Cool I have tried to clarify common time in the above wikipost, please feel free to edit.

I like very much to associate it with paradoxes indeed it is important that it is always in-tension towards.
Right now what do you think would be the core, should we do a core thx encounter at offdem to validate how we have engaged with the traces and maybe decide on some means of exterior communication.

1 Like

@natacha that’s a great idea, as part of the collective will be at offdem. and we ll have in between time before to nail the Core, as the our framework indicates.

onward !

Not so! Physicality is not necessary to have an experience of common time. Here, as we speak, we can experience common time, away from the oppressive time of capitalism – the time of clocks (I mistyped: clicks). Common time, as an experience of sharing, enables the transindividual experience.

Wow, that’s a thrilling perspective. I’d love that.

Maybe we can start with editing the wiki in post 20.

1 Like

@how ah, yes, i was mistaken then ! what can we do to differentiate real pressence and telepresence ? is such a divide meaningful anymore ? if not, we’ll need to draft again a structure - not a problem.

That’s a tough question… I have experienced strong, lasting bonding with people online before meeting them, and vice-versa, keeping relationships mostly online, surviving the years, even at a distance. To me there’s a sensible link beyond physicality, but I cannot emphasize how much the skin, smell, and broad perceptive bandwidth of physical presence mean to me.

I tend to agree with @natacha that we have everything we need to focus on in the wiki post. It’s a very good starting point that you prepared with @agate. It may help us deepen our thinking and iterate through our differences to spiral in to something we might be able to formulate later about physicality and presence.

On my side of the cable, it’s already something integrated: our dialogue has changed pace and form; this morning I went to book shops in search of you @sabrina: I read “Le grand doudou”, found a copy of Télémaque, and unearthed the last copy of Sous la Colline at Tropismes. One could argue that telepresence is the default mode of interaction and, rarely, we attain presence, du bout des doigts.

About the “florence” summary, I just remember that I was happy to find a french summarized version of the work we started 2 years ago with a bunch of pirates, but I do not remember where I found it.

1 Like

Amazing, now I remember the conversation,
We are now thinking on clarifying what would be a core for thx,and some welcoming for newcomers, if you feel like it it would be great if you could highlight the parts that you feel useful for thx, I mean what part of these issues should we more interstingly focus on and any idea around this…

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: What is THX?