Projects engaging our networks beyond Petites Singularités.
You’ve reached https://ps.zoethical.org/c/zoethics, where we () are experimenting with engagement, participation, and cooperation (an aesthetics of free software). #cooperation (formerly Zoethics) is the public working group to walk the talk and carve useful concepts out of concrete collective experience in the domains of free technologies and collective action.
Awakening Territories to Life
This conference specifically aims at elaborating a public discourse on such aesthetics through accounts of collective experience at the crossing of collective practice and free technologies. When @natacha and @how proposed the Journal of Peer Production to develop the concepts of the Third TechnoScape and Singular Technologies, we were offered to take an experimental approach to our contribution. This is the place where we want to share this work with you, crafting and carving these concepts from our experience and yours.
The conference spans a number of public and private groups including:
- #cooperation:cartoclub for cartographers and people interested in exploring maps as an anti-colonialist tool
- #cooperation:nest (les Nouvelles Études Simondoniennes Transdisciplinaires) qui explorent l’individuation de la pensée de Gilbert Simondon
- #cooperation:3rd-technoscape that formalizes our research on human-technology hybridization and the (in)formation of collective resistance / resistance collectives.
- #cooperation:baobaxia exploring eventually connected networks and community memory.
- #cooperation:symbiosis-and-symbiogenesis proposes a feminist approach to “engage our bacterial relations in cooperation” and explore the idea of network symbiosis.
- #cooperation:thsf émerge du Toulouse Hacker Space Factory, l’événement annuel organisé à Mix’Art Myrys avec le Tétalab. Ici on l’entend comme une extension des hackerspaces francophones : Trans-HackerSpaces Francophones.
This forum hosts a few working groups, each with specific domains of inquiry:
- Petites Singularités (#ps) is the workspace for the non-profit organization hosting this forum
- Accessibilité (#a11y) est une collaboration avec la communauté sourde francophone et d’autres communautés qui requièrent une approche adaptée aux technologies, nourrissant la réflexion sur l’inclusivité et la normalisation des technologies.
- Migration (#migration) focuses on EU policy to recognize free software as a distinct technology uniquely suited to build public infrastructure, and bring forth a requirement that public money funds public software.
- Muriquis (#muriquis) focuses on building ways to engage people into transforming their environment collaboratively while respecting life and their communities
We welcome participation, in the form of conversation, interviews, reports, and other forms to unfold as we go. Watch this space!