THX Organization

This is a proposal to organize working groups and schedule during THX.

Topics

Each topic has a dedicated Discourse topic, tagged under #thx-topic :

• First post describes the topic shortly, according to the original proposal
  • Second post is a wiki that will serve to synthetize findings
  • Replies will be used to take notes during sessions

Working Groups

“Activators” form a group of 6 (@0xf, @eliotberriot, @how, @ludovicduhem, @natacha, @stefanie_wu) who take the role of keeping the working groups (WGs) on topic, facilitate discussion, and work together to articulate findings.

Each day, each WG assigns 1 person to the kitchen for each meal (i.e., 2 people per group per day).

Two WGs focus on a single topic each day. Group membership rotation should ensure that each person rotates at least once per topic, and once in the kitchen.

Operations

Breakfast

08:00 - 09:30
This is also a good time for taking a walk around.

Morning

10:00 - 10:30
Each morning, the Activators introduce the topics, review findings, and form the WGs.
Each WG detaches one person for taking care of lunch.

10:30 - 13:30
Two WGs focus on a single topic, sharing the dedicated Discourse topic.

Lunch

13:30 - 14:30

Afternoon

14:30 - 17:00
After lunch a workshop is proposed, under the light of common work.

17:00 - 20:00
Each WG assigns one person for taking care of dinner.
WG work resumes.

Dinner

20:00 - 21:00

Evening

21:00 - 22:00
After dinner, the Activators convene to synthetize findings in the wiki, so that the next morning, WGs can start from there.

Other workshops can happen or continue after dinner.

Monday

On Monday, we work altogether to turn all wikis into a short (online) publication that will serve to further work.

1 Like

Thank you, having a schedule (even if only a draft) really gives a better idea of how things will proceed during THX. I also appreciate that that we’ll be using the forum as a place for discussion during the event.

Everything looks clear/adequate for me right now, but I’ll think about it and let you know if I think of anything that could use clarification or improvement!

1 Like

Hybrid & Fragile Aesthetics  |  ParticipateEngageCooperate