Questionable theories in Yasha Levine's Surveillance Valley

Just two things, or so :slight_smile:

Thanks! For the record, nothing in the polemical style should be implied to indicate unfriendliness. I have no such intention. Also, I am indeed a friend of Hellekin and Natacha, but I only met them once, in Italy last October, so I don’t have an overview of the users here.

Now that is something to discuss with the General Assembly. I’ve had that blog since 2011, when I became a Fellow, all Fellows have the option of creating such a blog. If you think that should change, you could propose it to them. Personally, I’d prefer some fair warning in that case so I can move my posts.

As for Licklider etc, Chapter 2 of Surveillance Valley is very eye-opening. I’m currently reading Norbert Wiener, though, and I think I’ll write more on the influence of cybernetics on computing and its motivations. A for the military I will not personally, ever, in any way support any US military organization, either directly or indirectly. Nor will I ever, indirectly or indirectly, support my own country in any military operation outside our own borders.

As for the rest, I believe I’ve done what I could to get my point across. I think I could communicate it better in a conversation Meanwhile, may you have a nice day & a nice time in general!

1 Like