Organizing a human-friendly event close to the sea side in the southern part of europe?

yeah! I am just coming out from eclectictech carnival https://eclectictechcarnival.org a self organised feminist event that I have contributed to and this gave us so much strength and energy. So yes I am all in for an event, self organisation is the key in my point of view.
Maybe I can list here from this experience (among others) several things that come to my mind when I think about organising an event:

• Challenging the conference format, prefer presentations that engage all participants that get them thinking together around one theme, creating stronger bonds between people.
  • Engage people to come for several days, find an appealing location so that people feel they can relax and stay a bit, it does not have to be all included, we can work together in organising minimum confort. Avoid inviting “stars” who do not have time and fly from far to speak one hour and go away.
  • Engage people also in organising their basic needs, sharing responsibility for meals for example.

From my experience thinking these things ahead completely transforms the type of meeting organised, and help to create a more durable group,

1 Like