Get Started with Running a Mucua

Questions & Answers to Start a Mucua

• I clone the repository from Github, now what?
  • I have a running mucua but not a public IP address, what should I do?
  • What should I put in /data/bbx/repositories/mocambos/.git/config for a “public” remote to synchronize the data, and provide a full mirror?
  • I want to create a different network/repository than mocambos. How to setup baobaxia to synchronize with /data/bbx/repositories/rainbows/?

Well… item by item:

• the repository on github doesn’t have a data/media repository included. We made a package with a basic repository for data to start. You can get the package here (quite old, we suggest to extract and run git pull github master on root directory in order to get last github version): http://media.mocambos.net/baobaxia_20150402.tbz
  • you can use a local node and sync with other mucuas that can be connected by local or remote ssh connections, or you can also sync with a local mounted media.
  • this is not working right now… we somewhere hardcoded mocambos repository in code… wait next versions, or maybe you can help fixing that :slight_smile:
1 Like

Hey @befree welcome!

You forgot the last point :slight_smile: I insist because it occurs to me that having European nodes in the mocambos network bears the risk of polluting a very specific cultural environment and feels like more colonization, especially as European nodes, given the penetration of Internet and the availability of more powerful devices there, might produce more content faster. So it’s important to be able to keep things separate, so that memories from the quilombolas does not disappear again under the mass of Occidental ‘knowledge’.

That’s what’s not working for the moment. The ‘mocambos’ as name of the network is hardcoded several places, in the Django layer as well as in the front end.

You’re completely right that it would be a great idea to fix this! It shouldn’t be very difficult, actually.

1 Like

4 posts were split to a new topic: Django Upgrade Path Towards 2.0

I agree… we should preserve consistency of the library…

You can still use Baobaxia, right now you can create mucuas that syncs in a parallel network not linked to the actual network. They’ll have same repository name (mocambos) but will be a parallel one.

1 Like