Computing in/from the south call for papers

cool Vince @befree , its so good to hear you, this is exactly the kind of feedback that I need please tell when things are relevant or when you already thought them through and you think they are in fact different.

The goal here is to present those 3 projects not by by asking whether they where a success or not, but by explaining that they take a completely different perspective on technology by encompassing language, community knowledge and social organization problematics. This approach works for liberation rather then commodification (another servitude), and feminist theory has developed many concepts and research that can apply to this assertion. In fact feminist theory is a great tool to explain the ties that actual social organization uses to bind us to capitalism, that derives directly from white male patriarchal organisation, via religious and economic organisation justifying slavery.

Reason I started this with @arianestolfi , is because first I found the call for papers very interesting, and I know the editors are of good will, then, I realized there was no analysis of those projects from this perspective, I think are very unique, they managed to happen because of a very precise alliance of conditions, and it is very import to report on them so that people get largely aware of this existing possibility and to continue support them.

But to make any thing that has any validity I very much need the feed back from all of you, please correct input criticize its all welcome.

1 Like